Here’s a glimpse of how it feels like to be working with me.
“On behalf of the team and myself, I want to express my gratitude and congratulate you on the phenomenal work and expertise you have displayed on this project.
You have displayed a tremendous amount of endurance with the team along with the flexibility which has played a key role in completing this project. We thank you again for all the hard work and commitment.”
“Thank you so much for your support. You have handled our queries patiently and gracefully. We are also looking forward to the next project to work together.”
“You have been great, very committed, hardworking and pleasure to work with.”
“Thank you so much for your help and we all really appreciate the hard work you put into this solution!”
These are some of the emails that I got from my clients. In every project that I get assigned to, I make sure that I put in my best efforts and dedicate myself to providing only the best solution.
I take each assignment seriously and always try to keep things simple. I study what my client’s expectations are and come up with the simplest way to fulfill it.
I usually get the feedback that I’m “easy to work with”. This is because in my eight years of professional life I have worked with a lot of people with different age groups, nationalities and personality types. I respect people that I work with hence never had any heavy arguments with a co-worker or a client.
I’d like to ask which among these is your current NetSuite struggle:
- Do you need some coaching services in terms of SuiteScript, SuiteFlow or SuiteAnalytics?
- Do you have some small SuiteScript projects that no one in your team has the bandwidth to work on?
- Are you receiving a SuiteScript or Web Services error but couldn’t find anywhere how to solve it?
- Are you stuck on finding out if the problem you’re having is a defect, enhancement or just one of the usual NetSuite surprises?
- Do you have an approval workflow and you need help to modify it?
- Are you having some problems building a customization and needs some guidance on how to solve it?
- Do you need help setting up some dashboards?
- Are you stuck on how to start setting up SAML Single Sign-on or token-based authentication in your NetSuite account?
I have been in the NetSuite industry for six years and I have solved hundreds of problems revolving around the topics above.
If one of the questions above is what you’re currently stuck with and no one out there seems to help you, feel free to reach out. I may not have all the answers to all the problems but I will be upfront if that should be the case.
Fill out the Contact form and let me know how I may help you.